Buying makeup Brushes is the best possible choice any girl can make as it is a great investment, this is why it is important to make sure you always take care of your makeup brushes in the best way possible. One of the perks of keeping your makeup brushes clean is that they say silky soft and last much longer.Too much makeup build-up can cause your brushes to become stiff and even scratchy which makes applying makeup difficult.
Why you need to clean your makeup brushes:
- Old Makeup
- Dead Skin Cells
Your brushes should be cleaned before every consultation as it is important not to use the same brush on every client but if you only apply makeup on yourself then your brushes should be cleaned according to the following:
- Foundation brushes — Once a week
- Powder &Bronzer Brushes — Once a week
- Blusher Brushes– Once a week
- EyeShadow Brushes — Every 2-3 Days
- Eyeliner and Mascara Brushes – After every use
Steps to cleaning your brushes:
NEW WORD ALERT!!
Ferrule — the metal part of your make up brush which keeps the glued hairs together.
- Firstly you should not wet the hairs under the ferrule. Do not wet the entire brush otherwise, it can cause the glue to soften holding the hairs together causing your entire makeup brush to come apart.
- Squeeze a bit of shampoo of your choice in the palm of your hands. You then can dip the hairs into the shampoo. Spread the shampoo upwards to the ferrule with your fingers adding a little water every time as you go along. Squeeze the hairs from the bottom to the tips on top letting all the water run clear.
- After you have washed your brushes dry them off with a cloth (gently), you can then shape them as your wish and leave them to dry.
“Always let your brushes dry properly before using them again.”
Thank you for reading today’s post. If you wish to be notified about future posts taking place email me or follow my blogs Instagram @thebeautylifestyle0.